Sunday, May 22

Fiesta Themed Wedding Shower



My friend Brooke puts on the greatest parties! A couple years ago she and I hosted a little par-tay we called "The Jingle Mingle." Doesn't the name just make you want to par-tay with us?  HeHe!

But this time Brooke was throwing a wedding shower ( a couple's shower) for one of her best friends.
The wedding will be held in Mexico thus a Fiesta Themed shower!   And lucky for me, Brooke told me to do whatever I wanted!!

I chose peppers, limes, margaritas, flags and those shaker things!  I did get a lot of ideas from Sweet Sugar Belle's Cinco De Mayo Roundup...check her out, she is a master at decorating cookies.

This time I got a wee bit crazy and decided to experiement using a totally different kind of frosting.  Up until now I have only used Royal Icing on my cookies but I have always been a little curious about the "other" frosting that some cookie decorators use. 

For my fellow bakers, you will just have to sit on the edge of your seat until later this week. I will give you the full report when I have a bit more time to write!

Thanks Brooke for the cookie order!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Speak Your Mind!